Monday, September 12

Getting Close Now!

I can't decide if I'm more anxious or excited. The packing has been relatively easy thus far. I've laid everything out, checked and double-checked my lists. Though I haven’t actually attempted to contain everything within two suitcases yet. That’s an adventure for tomorrow. 

I'm planning (hoping) to fit all of this:


Into this:


Wish me luck!

Tuesday I'll try to remain calm and by Tuesday night around 11, I'll be on my way over the Atlantic. I'm taking a group flight, though I think there are only 5 or 6 other kids taking it. Others are already in Europe and will meet us in London. It's a small program, which could be both wonderful and awful. Hopefully people are friendly, sociable, and just as scared as I am!

I don't know much about what my first couple weeks will be like. Overwhelming, I'm sure, but also fun! I imagine lots of ice-breakers, meetings, activities and trips around London. Seeing some sights (Big Ben, Buckingham, Tower Bridge, British Museum, Harry Potter locations....) will be touristy but absolutely necessary. I've given myself a month to be a tourist and do all the usual things non-locals come to do. After that, I want to try to blend in--fold myself into London. The accent is going to give me away every single time, but it's worth a shot.

My goals right now are to get there alive and with as little hassle as possible. And then to meet some cool people and go to some cool places. I want to make the most of my internship and my classes. I don't want to nap ever. It's so so difficult to leave friends and family--the worst thing I could do is waste time once I'm there.

I think I'm ready. LOVE YOU ALL. I'll post again as soon as I figure out internet in the UK.   xox

No comments:

Post a Comment